A man in Memphis, Tennessee, was arrested with multiple charges after he assaulted and raped a woman inside her home, police say.
Norman Hudson, 58, faces charges that include attempted murder, aggravated rape, aggravated robbery, aggravated burglary, aggravated kidnapping and illegal possession of a credit or debit card after the incident which occurred earlier this month in the Grahamwood neighborhood.
- Massive 'drug den' uncovered at New Kensington home where 4-year-old was living, police say
- CLOSED: Here's a list of local stores that won't be open on Thanksgiving
- Why you shouldn't rake your leaves this autumn
- VIDEO: Mother left newborn, 9-year-old inside car with keys in ignition on busy road
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
According to the arrest affidavit, the victim called police after Hudson forced himself into her home, took her clothes off, criminally assaulted her, stabbed her multiple times, and hit her leaving visible bruises and black eyes. He then poured Hot Shot and Roach spray, plus Hot Shot Roach Spray Killing Powder down her throat, police say.
Hudson then forced her to give him her bank card pin and used it to retrieve money from her account, police said.
Court records said the victim identified Hudson as the person responsible. She was taken to Baptist East and underwent surgery for her stab wounds.
Hudson was arrested for questioning, charged and booked into jail.
The suspect is due in court Friday and no bond has been set.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.