NEW YORK - A man who was robbed of $1,000 at knifepoint Saturday tried running after and confronting the thieves but was once again robbed, police said.
Police said the 25-year-old victim handed over a bag that contained a wallet, credit cards and $1,000 cash. As the man tried to follow the suspects, three other people, apparently connected with the other two, then stole the victim’s cellphone, metro card and headphones.
One of the suspects then punched the victim before they ran from the station.
The victim did not need medical attention.
🚨WANTED for a Robbery inside the East 149 St subway station on the southbound "6" train platform. @Bronx @NYPD41Pct @NYPDTD12 on 9/21/19@ 2:15AM💰 Reward up to $2500👀Seen them? Know them?📞Call 1-800-577-TIPS or DM us!☎️Calls are CONFIDENTIAL! #YourCityYourCall @NYPDDetectives pic.twitter.com/JIs2f0zb3A— NYPD Crime Stoppers (@NYPDTips) September 22, 2019
- Officials identify 3 men found dead after drug overdoses on Pittsburgh's South Side
- Police warning of tainted drugs after South Side overdose deaths
- Protesters demand gas stations shut down after violent fight goes viral
- VIDEO: Road shut down as students in Pittsburgh leave school for climate strike
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.