TULSA, Okla. - Police are investigating after a man robbed an Oklahoma lemonade stand run by children Tuesday afternoon.
The boys running the north Tulsa stand are 9 to 13 years old.
Officials said the thief took about $100 from the boys, who have been operating the stand near 36th and Garrison for only a couple of days.
The suspect also took a cellphone from one of the children.
“As long as we’re OK, it’s good. But we’re all depressed that it happened,” said Isaiah, one of the boys running the stand.
Lemonade stand robbery in north Tulsa. 6 little boys running a lemonade stand lost more than $100 in cash. Police are investigating. The suspect is described as bald with a black beard. He’s possibly driving a brown Chevy SUV. FOX23 News at 9:00.Posted by FOX23 Cailey Dougherty on Tuesday, June 18, 2019
“I’m very upset that someone would steal from young men trying to do something for themselves,” said parent Destiny Johnson.
They boys have already started collecting donations and are determined not to give up.
- Police: Man beat another man, threw him on T tracks in racially motivated attack
- Trial for man accused of killing police officer delayed, again
- Tow truck driver who shot, paralyzed another won't be charged
- VIDEO: 2 people rescued from car in flood waters on Route 28; southbound lanes closed
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.