He's not Iron Man or any other superhero who can fly, but an inventor did wow the crowd who gathered to celebrate Bastille Day Sunday, swooping over their heads on a flying board.
The device is powered by five jet engines, BFMTV reported.
Zapata was praised by French President Emmanuel Macron for his stunts.
Fier de notre armée, moderne et innovante. pic.twitter.com/DQvIfPolQf— Emmanuel Macron (@EmmanuelMacron) July 14, 2019
French officials are investigating the use of the Flyboard Air in a military setting, BFMTV reported.
In addition to Zapata ariel antics, more than 4,000 members of the military marched down the Champs-Elysées to mark the anniversary of the day when French citizens stormed the military fortress and prison called the Bastille during the French Revolution in 1789, BFMTV and CNN reported.
- Double shooting leaves 1 dead, 1 in the hospital
- Florida man makes sign after panhandler rejects his job offer
- Can you help? A 10-year-old girl is missing and police are looking for her
- VIDEO: Norwin sophomore identified as teen killed in fall at YMCA camp
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.