Cellphone video from inside the cafeteria at Brunswick High shows girls repeatedly punching each other. Action News Jax blurred the video to protect the identify of the students because of their age. In the video, screaming and yelling can be heard, along with a girl crying after she fell and landed on her back.
- 2 people accused of prostituting 14-year-old girl
- 3 teens charged in MS-13 killing of 14-year-old girl used machete, baseball bat, police say
- Driver leaves couple trapped in Jeep after it tumbles down NC embankment
- VIDEO: 17 people charged in western Pa. drug ring bust
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
The Glynn County Schools police chief said it started between two girls on Facebook the night before. The dispute was over a boy. The next day, police said, the girls continued the fight at school. Investigators said one of the girls opened a side door to the cafeteria and let two people who are not students inside.
This really upsets me... teen girls fighting each other at a local high school.— Amber Krycka (@AmberANjax) May 18, 2019
Coming up what police say started the fight and how adults got inside the school tonight at 10 on FOX 30 https://t.co/iEhnAmdYL3
Police said they arrested 10 students. They also arrested Abreyanna Scott, 19, and Reyneldon Harris, 20. Officers said there could be more arrests.
Police told Action News Jax they are looking at long-term security and will be making some changes this summer so people who don’t belong in the school can’t get in.
No serious injuries were reported.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.