HOUSTON - The family of Maleah Davis, the Houston 4-year-old who was allegedly killed by her stepfather last month, is preparing to lay the little girl to rest in a special casket at a private funeral this weekend.
Her father, Craig Davis, shared a photo of the “My Little Pony”-themed coffin on social media Wednesday.
The rainbow-colored casket with characters from the long-running animated show features the little girl riding a blue pony with her name above in pink block letters.
It was built and donated to the family by SoulShine Industries, according to KTRK-TV.
The family will bury Maleah Davis on Saturday in a private funeral service.
The girl’s stepfather, Derion Vence, reported her missing May 4. Her body was found in late May in Arkansas.
A friend of Vence’s told authorities he confessed to dumping the girl’s body and that her death was an accident.
The cause of death is still under investigation. Vence remains jailed on related charges.
FILE - This undated file photo released by the Houston Police Department shows 4-year-old Maleah Davis, whose mother said she was abducted on May 4, 2019. The body of the little girl was found in Arkansas in late May. He stepfather is facing charges in connection with her death.
- Syrian refugee arrested for allegedly planning terror attack on Pittsburgh church
- What we know about Syrian refugee accused of planning terror attack on Pittsburgh church
- Man, woman, boy killed in crash with dump truck identified
- VIDEO: Man Accused of Stealing Sailboat Told Police It Was ‘A Beautiful Ride'
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.