WEST PLAINS, Mo. - A Missouri nurse is facing charges for allegedly having sex with a nursing home patient under his care.
Steven James Stroman, 45, is charged with two misdemeanor counts of first-degree sexual conduct with a nursing facility resident or vulnerable person, Ozark Radio News reported.
A patient at West Vue Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in West Plains reported the sexual contact to police Monday, KYTV-TV reported, citing charging documents.
The patient, a 68-year-old woman, told police that Stroman had had sex with her twice since August. The first encounter was consensual, she said, but the second one was not, according to documents.
Stroman allegedly gave the patient a pain pill before each encounter.
Stroman agreed to talk to police and initially denied any wrongdoing, the documents said. When police told Stroman that they had clothes from the patient with possible DNA evidence on them, Stroman allegedly said that the patient had inappropriately touched him.
He eventually admitted that there had been sexual contact as the woman described, according to the documents.
Stroman had been employed at the facility for one year. His current employment status is unclear.
No court date has been set.
- Over 30 boroughs, parts of the city affected by 'catastrophic' water main break
- Under a boil water advisory? Here's what you need to know
- 'It is best to move in a different direction.' Patriots release former Steeler Antonio Brown
- VIDEO: 8-year-old girl raised money for St. Jude, now cancer-free
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.