CHARLESTON, S.C. - A sick little boy and his family have a long road ahead of them, but you could help brighten his days.
Freddie Taylor is 2 years old. He has Down syndrome and was recently diagnosed with leukemia, WMBF reported.
He has been getting treatments to combat blood cancer at Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston. Freddie will have rounds and rounds of treatments for the next three years, according to the television station.
That time frame includes his upcoming third birthday and his mother Joanne Taylor says her son will spend his special day in the hospital, WMBF reported.
Taylor wants to make good memories for Freddie and is asking for the help of strangers to make it happen.
She’s asking anyone who could spare a card and a stamp to send Freddie a card since he loves opening things.
If you would like to help brighten his day, cards can be sent to:
c/o MUSC Children’s Health
165 Ashley Ave.
Charleston, SC 29425.
- More cases of 'zombie deer' disease found in Pennsylvania
- Company recalling some Ragú pasta sauces because they may contain plastic bits
- Algal blooms make water unsafe for dogs at Lake Erie beaches
- VIDEO: Tennessee Girl Born June 12 At 6:12 A.M. Weighs 6 Pounds, 12 Ounces
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.