BOZEMAN, Mont. - Sheriff's deputies in Montana sometimes have to coax stubborn bison off roads in an unusual way ... by blasting AC/DC music.
The Gallatin County Sheriff's Office posted about the practice on Tuesday.
"Being a deputy around West Yellowstone comes with unusual duties, including herding bison off the highway so no one gets hurt. When deputies respond to a bison on the road, they turn on lights and siren and encourage the animal to leave the road with an air horn. With a reluctant bison, they’ve been known to play AC/DC’s Hell’s Bells over the speakers – that usually seems to work," the post said.
As of Wednesday afternoon, more than 1,200 people had "reacted" to the post.
- Antonio Brown accused of raping former trainer; Patriots, Steelers release statements
- The Budweiser 9/11 tribute ad that aired only once
- FBI joining investigation into threat that closed Pine-Richland high school, middle school
- VIDEO: Massive police presence following shooting and search for gunman
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.