The Missouri woman whose candid Facebook post about her son battling drug addiction has shared a promising update.
Jennifer Salfen-Tracy says her son, Cody, has been located and has entered rehab, thanks to a scholarship offered by Richie Webber, who was featured on A&E's show '60 Days in Narcoland,' KSDK reported.
- Pa. youth football coach facing possible fine after blowout win
- First snow of season: It's coming this week to parts of area
- Marine veteran says he was kicked out of local Applebee's
- VIDEO: Local school bus driver arrested on suspicion of DUI, according to school officials
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Read the original story below.
A Missouri woman whose family has been devastated by her eldest son's addiction to heroin and meth shared a heartfelt post on Facebook that has now gone viral.
In the Facebook post, Jennifer Salfen-Tracy included photos of her son, Cody Bishop, that she says were taken just seven months apart.
Bishop was an athlete and graduated from Wentzville Holt High School in 2011, KSDK reported. According to Salfen-Tracy, Bishop is now homeless and living in Las Vegas. It has been weeks since she last heard from him.
Bishop said she was hesitant in sharing her son's challenges, but that drug addiction is a "true issue in our world today that we need to pull together and focus on to fix instead of the government worrying about and spending all their money on throwing each other under the bus."
© 2019 Cox Media Group.