ORLANDO, Fla. - A newborn baby boy was found abandoned Saturday on the doorstep at an apartment complex in Orlando, Florida, according to police.
Officers said the 1-day-old boy was found wrapped in a T-shirt around 10 a.m. at the Willow Key Apartments on Arnold Palmer Drive and appeared to be in good health.
The baby was taken to Arnold Palmer Hospital, police said.
Investigators are looking into the incident, along with the Florida Department of Children and Families.
Officers said if an unwanted newborn baby is taken to a hospital or a fire station within seven days of birth, no criminal charges will be filed.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call the Orlando Police Department at 321-235-5300.
- Costa Rican government issues warning on tainted alcohol, at least 19 dead
- Father killed after wave breaks his neck at North Carolina beach
- Troopers speak out against 'exit jumping' along interstates
- VIDEO: Police hold End of Watch Ceremony for Officer Calvin Hall
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.