MILWAUKEE - That was a close call.
A crash caused a light pole to crash through the windshield of a pickup truck Wednesday, barely missing the driver, WISN reported.
- AJ Freund: Slain Illinois boy was beaten, forced into cold shower by parents, prosecutors say
- Boy killed in crash on Pa. Turnpike was with his dad for 'Take Your Child to Work Day'
- Teen rehab center in Allegheny Co. evacuated, 14 taken to hospital
- VIDEO: Release approved for Coast Guard officer accused of terror
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
According to Milwaukee police, a recreational vehicle hit the truck, sending the pickup into the pole, WITI reported. The woman driving the pickup was unhurt, the television station reported.
"(It was) nothing short of a miracle,” a witness named Matthew, who declined to give his last name, told WISN. “God's presence is here.”
Matthew, who was working nearby when the accident occurred, said the pole was "Inches, literally inches from fatality." He told the television station he was stunned by what he saw.
"She got out of her car. She walked to the sidewalk,” he told WISN. “She didn't need nobody's help. She didn't need nobody's assistance.”
The driver of the RV was ticketed, police told the television station.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.