HURON COUNTY, Ohio - An Ohio boy is being hailed as a hero after he donated $15,000 in livestock premiums to help sick children.
Good afternoon, Western Reserve! A young man lives amongst us who should be an example to us all. WR 7th grader Diesel...Posted by Western Reserve Schools on Saturday, August 17, 2019
According to WJW-TV, Western Reserve Schools seventh-grader Diesel Pippert is giving the premiums, which he earned Saturday in a Huron County Fair livestock sale, to St. Jude Children's Hospital.
"A young man lives amongst us who should be an example to us all," the school district said in a Facebook post Saturday, adding that the donation "will help to find cures for young children and save lives."
"Diesel, you are a hero!" the post concluded.
- Neighbors say they're being overrun by rats
- New lawsuit filed against Diocese of Pittsburgh accuses two priests of sex assault
- Man impersonating cop pulls over van full of detectives, police say
- VIDEO: Local animal rescue group asking for public's help after dog found tied to post, shot to death
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.