LIBERTY TOWNSHIP, Ohio - An Ohio woman is accused of lighting her car on fire in a Walmart parking lot Saturday, authorities said.
Stephanie Carlson, 40, was arrested on charges of arson, inducing panic, and criminal damaging, WKBN reported. According to police, Carlson initially said there was a can of gasoline in the vehicle's trunk and she had lit a candle to remove the smell, WFMJ reported.
Carlson later changed her story, according to police, saying she poured gas on the seats of the car and started the fire using a lighter, the television station reported.
Carlson added the car was "dirty" and there was a problem with the vehicle's front wheel, WFMJ reported.
Police reviewed surveillance video from the parking lot and said Carlson set the car on fire before running into the store, WKBN reported.
According to the police the vehicle belonged to Carlson's husband, the television station reported.
- Mom furious about tattoo daughter got during class at local high school
- Dramatic police footage shows rescue of kidnapped 8-year-old girl
- John Chapman's first wife says he was involved with several women during their marriage
- VIDEO: Former altar boys suing Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh over alleged sexual abuse by priest
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.