MILFORD, Mich. - A neighbor’s pet alligator escaped and was found wandering a Michigan neighborhood.
The alligator broke free from where its owner left it and was captured by a neighbor and an employee from a nearby pet shop, WXYZ reported.
"(I) was a little surprised it got away,” neighbor Randy Beaudet told WXYZ. “I knew who it belonged to, but I just wanted to get the neighbor contacted and get it back home. It wasn't happy, but everything did end up OK."
Once they wrangled the alligator, they tied it to a tree until its owner arrived.This is not the first time a pet alligator in Michigan has escaped.
A few weeks ago, Wally, a family’s 21-year-old alligator, was found dead alongside a road after escaping from his pen.
- Costa Rican government issues warning on tainted alcohol, at least 19 dead
- Father killed after wave breaks his neck at North Carolina beach
- Troopers speak out against 'exit jumping' along interstates
- VIDEO: Police hold End of Watch Ceremony for Officer Calvin Hall
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.