WEST MONROE, La. - Local authorities in Louisiana say two people were arrested after they were found passed out in a hot vehicle with an 8-month-old infant in the backseat.
KNOE reported that arrest records from the Ouachita Parish Sheriff's Office say 22-year-old Bradlee Edward Bellmore and 24-year-old Brianna Nichole Ramsey were found at noon Sunday in West Monroe, Louisiana.
Police said the infant was in a car seat. The vehicle was not running, according to authorities.
Temperatures at the time of the arrest, were between 92 and 95 degrees, according to KNOE.
Authorities found digital scales, a glass pipe and four bags of a substance, suspected to be meth.
Bellmore and Ramsey were arrested and charged with cruelty to juveniles, controlled dangerous substance in the presence of persons under 17 years of age, possession with intent to distribute a controlled dangerous substance, possession of controlled dangerous substance, possession of drug paraphernalia.
Bellmore and Ramsey remain at Ouachita Correctional Center, each on $33,500 bond, according to sheriff's office records.
- Police: Man killed was member of motorcycle club, may have been targeted by rival club
- NFL responds to reports that Antonio Brown won't play this season unless he gets to use old helmet
- 'Don't go to Walmart next week': Florida man arrested for making threat, officials say
- VIDEO: Record for world's largest wedding cookie table broken in Monongahela
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.