A second grader at a Wisconsin elementary school was caught vaping in the middle of class, police say.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported that the incident happened Oct. 8 at Country Dale Elementary School in Franklin, Wisconsin, according to a police report.
- Multiple students being cited for string of fights at Westinghouse H.S.
- Bomb squad vehicle among cars, trucks, other items going up for auction at Pittsburgh airport
- Local man accused of rolling back odometers, forging documents on several cars he sold
- VIDEO: ExxonMobil scouting for potential cracker site in Beaver County
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Child Protective Services took the student to a hospital to be examined, WITI reported. He was determined to be OK, the police report said.
Police contacted the boy's mother, who told them she kept the device in her purse and that it had CBD oil in it.
"The safety of our students is our top priority," Superintendent Judy Mueller said in a letter to parents, the Journal Sentinel reported. "We will continue to do everything we can to help counteract the harm associated with vaping."
No charges are expected to be filed.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.