WEEKI WACHEE, Fla. - A 61-year-old Florida woman is facing multiple charges after pointing a shotgun at children she thought were being too noisy, according to police.
WTVT reported that, according to a police report, Melinda Lee French saw eight children swimming in the canal behind her Weeki Wachee, Florida, home Sunday. The children's families were having a cookout nearby.
According to Hernando County Sheriff’s Office records, French was charged with eight counts of aggravated assault. She was released Tuesday morning.
No injuries were reported in the incident.
- Police identify woman in video licking Blue Bell ice cream in Walmart, returning it to freezer
- Man charged after wife's remains discovered buried under her home
- Storms could disrupt BBQ and fireworks plans on July 4
- VIDEO: Man accused of exposing himself at pool claims ‘wardrobe malfunction'
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.