THOMASVILLE, N.C. - This was one botched stickup. But at least the thief had minty fresh breath.
A man brandishing a knife stole a pack of gum from a Family Dollar store in North Carolina, but did not get any money because he ran when the employee screamed, the Winston-Salem Journal reported.
Knife-wielding robber made away with gum but no money, Thomasville police say https://t.co/vNxicB4HVs— Winston-SalemJournal (@JournalNow) October 18, 2019
The incident at the store in Thomasville occurred Thursday at 8:24 p.m., WGHP reported. According to the Thomasville Police Department, a man wearing a dark hoodie, blue jeans and boots came to the counter with a pack of chewing gum, the Journal reported.
When the store employee opened the cash register, the man took out a knife and demanded money, the newspaper reported.
The employee screamed and the thief bolted from the store with the gum, WGHP reported. There were no injuries.
- Steelers linebacker Anthony Chickillo facing charges after 'domestic situation' with girlfriend
- Man dead, 2 women taken to hospital after shooting in Wilkinsburg, police say
- 2 people taken to hospital, roadway shut down after car crash on Tri-Boro Expressway
- VIDEO: Thieves targeting catalytic converters from vehicles for huge profit
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.