ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. - It won't take you to Neverland, but it will help get to the most magical place on Earth.
Starting this weekend, guests at Disney World Orlando Resorts can "fly" to their next destination using the theme park's newest transportation system called Disney Skyliner.
The gondola system officially opens Sunday, but Channel 9 got a sneak peek onboard Friday.
The Skyliner connects Epcot and Hollywood Studios with four Walt Disney World Orlando resorts.
Disney officials call the free system "the most magical flight on Earth." The gondola lift system is made up of about 300 gondolas, and each one can hold up to 10 guests.
Disney Skyliner will soar above waterways and wooded areas on its way to theme parks and Disney resort hotels while guests are treated to never-before-seen views.
"It provides another opportunity as an experience for our guests," said Trevor Ocock, with Walt Disney World Resorts. "The gondolas are a welcomed addition to the transportation family."
- 'Bring the kids home': Grandparents of endangered infant plead for swift return
- PA Attorney General sides with Governor about decriminalizing marijuana
- Grandparents remove boy from school due to repeated bullying
- VIDEO: Young people might be turning to black market for vape products
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.