The movie “Demolition Man” may have been on to something 26 years ago. Taco Bell may really find itself the winner of the franchise wars.
The fast food taco restaurant is expanding its influence with the Taco Bell hotel.
The Bell: A Taco Bell Hotel and Resort in Palm Springs is expected to open in August, but you have to act quickly: It will only be open for five nights as part of a marketing and publicity stunt, CNN reported.
- Texts between driver, owner of car in deadly hit-and-run help lead to arrest
- New Hampshire school cafeteria worker fired for giving food to student who couldn't pay
- Missing pregnant woman found slain with baby cut from womb, Chicago police say
- VIDEO: Window washers trapped in dangling lift rescued by Oklahoma City firefighters
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
The company will use the hotel to introduce new menu items, as well as offer its staples.
This isn’t the first specialty hotel. The BrewDog DogHouse, billed as the “world’s first” craft beer hotel, opened in Dayton, Ohio, last year.
It also isn’t the first odd promotion done by a national chain.
Dominoes pledged to fill bad potholes so pizzas weren’t ruined if you hit a hole while driving home with one. KFC had Chickendales dancers for mothers and Arby’s decided to give some lucky customers a 24-hour Hawaiian vacation for $6, CNN reported.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.