CINCINNATI - A 90-year-old military veteran who recently died and had no immediate family in the Ohio area was honored by thousands of residents who attended his funeral Saturday, cemetery officials said.
Hezekiah Perkins, an Army veteran who served in the Korean War, died earlier this week, WKYC reported. Distant relatives were not able to attend but asked that he be buried with full military honors, Spring Grove Cemetery said.
Perkins prepaid for his burial more than 20 years ago, WCPO reported. The vault company upgraded his vault. The cemetery asked members of the public to attend the funeral.
“We are humbled by the turnout,” cemetery officials said Saturday on social media.
Perkins’ flag will be delivered to his distant family.
- Deadly parasites, bacteria lurking in pool water, CDC says, urges diligence
- Baby cut from slain mother's womb opens eyes for first time since hospitalization
- 6-month-old baby found alive in motel near two bodies expected to make full recovery, report says
- VIDEO: Texas Men Died Attempting to Jump Car Across Drawbridge, Police Said
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.