A so-called viral challenge has resurfaced and it encourages people to clean up their communities.
BuzzFeed reported that the trend began in 2015 when UCO, a Seattle-based outdoor lighting company, started promoting the project.
- 2 killed, 4 others injured in head-on crash on Pennsylvania Turnpike
- Body found in Monongahela River near Rankin Bridge
- 'Uzi-style' loaded weapon thrown from truck during police chase
- VIDEO: More store closures expected this spring at Westmoreland Mall
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
According to the company, Steven Reinhold, who is an ambassador for UFO, developed the idea and worked to spread it with UCO. To take part in the challenge, people pick up litter in their area and take selfies in the process.
I like this #trashtag challenge a lot more than kids choking on cinnamon or eating TidePods.— Justin Wadsworth (@readysetradio) March 10, 2019
Way to go, humanity.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.