OWASSO, Okla. - Police in Owasso, Oklahoma, say a man kidnapped and assaulted an Uber driver Saturday afternoon.
According to officials, dispatchers say a female driver called yelling for help, saying she was being kidnapped around 3:50 p.m.
The woman was able to provide a description of the car and general location – near 76th Street and Main Street – before the call ended, authorities said.
Officers were able to find a vehicle that fit the description near 71th Street and 129th East Avenue.
When officers found the woman, she said the suspect committed sexual battery, forced her to keep driving and interfered with her attempts to call 911, police said.
The suspect is identified as 35-year-old Adam Joseph McKean. He is charged with kidnapping, sexual battery, preventing emergency call and public intoxication.
- Officials identify 3 men found dead after drug overdoses on Pittsburgh's South Side
- Police warning of tainted drugs after South Side overdose deaths
- Protesters demand gas stations shut down after violent fight goes viral
- VIDEO: Road shut down as students in Pittsburgh leave school for climate strike
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.