- Firefighter taken to hospital, roof collapses after large fire at Pittsburgh church
- Remembering the tragic crash of Flight 427 25 years later
- Local home mistakenly shot up with baby sleeping inside after incident at bar, police say
- VIDEO: School planning to add additional security after stadium shooting
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
The busy holiday shipping season starts in November and continues through January 2020 as people return gifts.
UPS chief operating officer Jim Barber said in a written statement that the company expects another record season, with double the number of daily package deliveries. The company normally delivers an average of 20 million packages a day.
Some seasonal hires will work at temporary facilities for the seasonal shipping rush.
In addition to their pay, seasonal workers who are eligible can also earn up to $1,300 towards college expenses for three months of continuous employment.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.