Verizon is currently experiencing a texting outage affecting most of the East Coast, the cellular company confirmed Tuesday morning.
Shortly after 7 a.m., an official with Verizon tweeted, “We have confirmed there is a texting outage on the east coast. Our technicians a fully aware we have a ton of customers that are being effected (sic), and we're working non-stop to get this matter resolved as soon as possible.”
- Genealogy, DNA solve case of newborn left to freeze to death in ditch 38 years ago
- Ohio man plans to only drink beer for Lent
- No jail time for teen who killed three pedestrians, including baby
- VIDEO: Mother says she stabbed 11-year-old daughter to keep her from having sex
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
We have confirmed there is a texting outage on the east coast. Our technicians a fully aware we have a ton of customers that are being effected, and we're working non-stop to get this matter resolved as soon as possible. *IXR 1/3— Verizon Wireless CS (@VZWSupport) March 12, 2019
A map on downdetector.com shows most of the east coast affected, including the metro areas of New York City, New York; Detroit, Michigan; Chicago, Illinois; Atlanta, Georgia; and Tampa, Florida.
Officials with the company said there isn’t an estimated time of when the issue will be resolved.
Further information isn't available.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.