KEARNEY, Mo. - A Missouri veterinarian had to use a bone saw to remove a nylon toy that got wedged into a choking dog's mouth.
Amy Walsh brought in her 2-year-old golden doodle Bentley, after he was unable to close his mouth and started choking on a toy made by Lumabone, WDAF reported.
"I guess it was the way he bit down on it. He had one of the holes of the bottom part wrapped around his jaw and his bottom teeth to dislodge it," Walsh told WDAF. “I was terrified. I love him. He's my favorite pup-pup that I look forward to coming home to. I didn’t know if I was going to lose him.”
The toymaker warns owners to keep an eye on their pets while they are chewing on the toys. Lumabone has taken that particular toy off the market, WDAF reported.
"This particular toy, it was kind of a rough finish,” David Leighr, owner of Long Veterinary Clinic, told WDAF. “It was difficult to slip it in and out of his mouth. Once it got lodged in there, it was hard to slip out."
- Vehicle fire snarls traffic on Parkway East inbound
- School bus driver killed stepping on live wires after crash
- Woman hurt in third downtown Pittsburgh stabbing this month
- VIDEO: God got a hole in one: North Carolina golf course struck by lightning, leaves its mark
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.