HORRY COUNTY, S.C. - A lightning strike nearly hit a South Carolina man Thursday.
Romulus McNeill was walking to his car while holding an umbrella in Horry County when a bolt of lightning struck close by.
Video captured the moment that almost knocked him off his feet.
He said he felt a jolt when it happened.
"I saw light,” McNeill said. “I tried to get up out of there like the Road Runner. I don't want that to happen to nobody else. It was crazy."
He said he doesn't know exactly where it hit, but he won’t risk walking in stormy weather again.
"Dark clouds and all that,” he said. “I'm looking around for dark clouds or for anything funny now. I've got to look, take a double take now."
- NWS confirms microburst in Lawrenceville area
- Additional units called in, officers hurt as crowds shut down East Carson Street
- 74 people displaced by apartment building fire in West Oakland; 2 firefighters injured
- VIDEO: Creepy dolls popping up around towns in Missouri
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.