DALLAS - Drivers on I-35 in Dallas were surprised Monday morning to see a man driving a Lime scooter with the rest of traffic, cutting through five lanes in a seemingly nonchalant manner.
Driver Josh Weatherl captured the scooter rider on video with his dashboard camera just before 9 a.m. The unidentified man, wearing a backpack and headphones -- but no helmet -- checks over his shoulder before he crosses five lanes of traffic in about 15 seconds.
Weatherl can be heard in the recording laughing and expressing his disbelief.
"Bro, what are you doing?" Weatherl exclaimed in the recording. "Oh, my gosh. That is the most wild thing I've ever seen."
The man was probably going about 15 mph in a 60 mph zone, WFAA-TV reported.
Weatherl told WFAA-TV he thought the man looked like he knew what he was doing.
"I think he’s done it before based on how calm he was, I don’t think this was his first rodeo," Weatherl said.
A Lime spokesman called the man's actions unsafe and said riders should not take the scooters onto highways, The Dallas Morning News reported.
- Amber Alert issued after 4-year-old girl abducted in West Virginia
- Police identify motorcyclist involved in alleged road rage incident
- Former judge dragged from courtroom after 6-month jail sentence
- VIDEO: Man accused of killing off-duty Pittsburgh police officer arrested
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.