War of Will won the Preakness Stakes under a sunny sky and atop a dry track Saturday at Pimlico Race Course
The stakes were not as high as Kentucky Derby winner Country House was dropped from the race days after his victory because of a cough.
It’s the first time since 1996 the Kentucky Derby winner has not run the Preakness Stakes.
- 2 people accused of prostituting 14-year-old girl
- 3 teens charged in MS-13 killing of 14-year-old girl used machete, baseball bat, police say
- Driver leaves couple trapped in Jeep after it tumbles down NC embankment
- VIDEO: 17 people charged in western Pa. drug ring bust
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Today was the day for War of Will! pic.twitter.com/Qf8ylTY4xe— NBC Sports (@NBCSports) May 18, 2019
Everfast finished second and Owendale took third.
AP contributed to this report.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.