Simone Biles won big Sunday at this year's U.S. Gymnastics Championships, claiming the all-around title for the sixth time and accomplishing two historic feats in the process.
According to USA Today, the 22-year-old successfully landed a triple-twisting double somersault – a move that no other woman has performed during a competition.
- Steelers WR coach Darryl Drake dies; practice canceled until Tuesday
- 5 children killed in day care center fire in Pennsylvania
- Record for world's largest wedding cookie table broken in Monongahela
- VIDEO: Hundreds of motorcyclists take part in Officer Brian Shaw Memorial Ride
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
The moment came just days after Biles successfully completed a historic double-double beam dismount, ESPN reported.
Biles finished the all-around competition with a 118.500 score, followed by Sunisa Lee with 113.550 and Grace McCallum with 111.850, according to ESPN.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.