ATLANTA - Police arrested a woman who allegedly tried to kidnap a couple’s children in the atrium of Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport on Saturday morning.
Police said Esther Daniels, 26, tried to grab a stroller with a child in it before being fended off by the child’s mother. She then picked up one of the couple’s other children and walked away, but the father took the child back from her, Atlanta police spokesman Sgt. John Chafee said in an emailed statement.
An officer responded a few minutes later and found Daniels in a frenzied mental state, Chafee said. She then allegedly ran toward a nearby family and had to be restrained by the officer, Chafee said.
Daniels, who lives in Kansas, eventually calmed down and was escorted to the police precinct in a wheelchair, the statement said.
She was checked out at Grady Memorial Hospital before being taken to the Clayton County Jail. Daniels was charged with kidnapping and obstructing an officer. Her bond has not been set.
- Girl's seat belt came undone on Kennywood coaster, family says
- Woman tries to abduct two children from airport
- WATCH: The moment deputies save baby girl wrapped in plastic bag on roadside
- VIDEO: American beavers welcome new kits at Pittsburgh Zoo
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.