MIAMI - A Miami mother is behind bars after she allegedly burned the hand of her 6-year-old son on a hot stove as punishment.
Miriam Rebolledo, 29, was arrested Thursday and charged with aggravated child abuse after police say her son got into a fight at school, the Palm Beach Post reported. When other attempts at punishing the boy didn’t work, police said Rebolledo told them she “could not take it any more” and needed a “more extreme form of punishment,” WTVJ reported.
- Man accused of groping child falls to death when trying to escape
- Veterans Day: Restaurants offer deals on meals for veterans and active duty service members
- Republicans choose nominee for special election set to fill remainder of Tim Murphy's term
- MONDAY AT 5: Corrosion eating away at traffic light poles
- VIDEO: Unusual cat found running city streets
While in Miami-Dade bond court Saturday, Judge Ariana Fajardo Orshan took Rebolledo, who’s originally from Colombia, to task.
“In the United States it’s not [OK]. That’s not proper parenting,” the judge said, according to WTVJ.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.