A woman claims she snapped photos of beachgoers feet away from sharks in shallow waters in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
- 'Major' landslide buries road in Beaver Co., brings down several power poles
- Top counties for Bigfoot sightings in Western Pennsylvania
- New research could lead to new ways to diagnose, treat Lyme disease
- VIDEO: 3 dead after crash involving large truck
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
"Why I go to the beach to get in the pool! SHARKS!!!! Not one person had an idea of what was lurking around them," Gilmer claimed. "Can’t see the bottom, not swimming in it!"
According to Gilmer's photos, sharks were near the shore of the beach. In some of her photos, she drew arrows to what she said were sharks.
"I will still go back to Myrtle Beach. I am not getting in the ocean. Mad respect for the sharks," Gilmer said, according to WPDE. They are amazing predators and they are right where God intended them to be. I love the beach and will definitely go back."
South Carolina waters are home to a number of species of sharks. In the past month, three people in the state have reported being attacked by sharks.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.