Acclaimed actor Jeff Bridges said Monday that his cancer is in remission, although he continues to recover after testing positive earlier this year for COVID-19.
The Oscar- and Golden Globe-wining actor announced in October that he had been diagnosed with lymphoma.
“(T)he ‘9 x 12’ mass has shrunk down to the size of a marble,” Bridges wrote in an update posted Monday on his website.
The “Crazy Heart” and “Big Lebowski” actor also shared thoughts he wrote in March, after he and his wife tested positive for COVID-19 following a possible exposure to the virus during chemotherapy. He said he had earlier declined to share the post until he had “got a handle on my COVID.”
“My COVID is in the rear view mirror,” he wrote Monday. “COVID kicked my (expletive) pretty good, but I’m double vaccinated (and) feeling much better now.”
Bridges, 71, said he continues working with therapist Zack Wermers to get off oxygen assistance, which he has needed up until recently to walk.
“I had a goal – walking my daughter, Hayley, down the aisle,” he wrote. “She was getting married to a wonderful guy, Justin Shane. Thanks to Zack (and) my terrific medical team, I was able to, not only walk Hay down the aisle, but do the father/bride dance with her without oxygen.”
The couple wed Aug. 21, according to a Zola registry.
Bridges won an Oscar in 2010 for best actor following his portrayal of country music singer-songwriter Otis “Bad” Blake in 2009′s “Crazy Heart.” That same year, he won a Golden Globe for best actor in a motion picture drama for the same role.
He said Monday that he continues work on “The Old Man,” an FX series in which he stars and is set to debut in the first half of 2022, according to Deadline. The entertainment news site reported that the show was originally slated to debut in 2021, though plans were pushed back following Bridges’ cancer diagnosis.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “lymphoma” is the general term used for cancers of the lymph system.
©2021 Cox Media Group