BEULAH, Mich. — A Michigan man suffered second- and third-degree burns Friday after he held up the roof of a burning camper so his wife and dog could escape a fire, investigators said.
It all started when he tried to make breakfast.
The 67-year-old man got out of the couple's travel trailer parked at Veteran's Memorial State Forest Campground to turn on a propane tank around 6 a.m., WPBN reported. When he went back into the camper to ignite the stove, an explosion occurred blowing out the camper's walls and collapsing its roof.
He held up the roof so his 60-year-old wife and dog could escape. He then got out of the camper, shut off the propane and unhooked the camper from their vehicle. The dog ran off after the blast but another camper was able to catch it, WPBN reported.
© 2020 Cox Media Group