NEW YORK CITY, N.Y. - There's a push to honor former President Barack Obama in New York City.
A petition to name part of Fifth Avenue between 56th and 57th Street "President Barack H. Obama Avenue" is gathering momentum on the website MoveOn.org.
- PA double homicide suspect spotted in Florida
- Church festival canceled because of 'disturbing letter'
- World-renowned forensic pathologist from Pittsburgh weighs in on Jeffrey Epstein case
- VIDEO: Trump to promote turning natural gas into plastics in Pa.
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
As of early Wednesday morning, more than 87,000 signatures had been collected.
The petition was started by Elizabeth Rowin. She told Newsweek that the whole thing started as a joke.
If New York authorities honor the petition and change the name of the street, it would mean Trump Tower in Manhattan would be located on President Barack H. Obama Avenue.
COPYRIGHT 2019 WWW.CNN.COM. TURNER BROADCASTING SYSTEM, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.