SPRING, Tex. — Authorities in southeast Texas are looking for the woman who abandoned a toddler on the doorstep of a home.
Security camera video from Wednesday night captures the woman as she runs to the front door of a home in the city of Springs north of Houston.
She lifts the child by one arm to place him on the porch before ringing the doorbell several times and knocking on the door.
Before anyone answers, she runs back to a white vehicle and takes off, leaving the 2-year-old child behind.
- 19-year-old arrested for New Castle triple homicide
- LIVE UPDATES: Confessed murderer of Pitt student will spend life in prison without parole
- Son of local basketball coach fighting polio-like disease at Children's Hospital
- VIDEO: Marijuana legal in Canada
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
The homeowner says she doesn't recognize the woman or the child.
Deputies say the boy appears to be uninjured and in good health.
Child protective services has taken custody of the child as authorities continue their search to find the mystery woman.
© 2020 NBC