NEWPORT, N.C. - A North Carolina woman has been charged with malicious castration after deputies said she cut off her husband's penis.
Carteret County deputies have charged Victoria Frabutt, of Newport, with malicious castration.
Major Jason Wank said deputies were called to the couple's home around 4:00 a.m. Tuesday. He said the motive for the castration is still unclear.
- Federal lawsuit filed against Antonio Brown on rape charges
- Former Pittsburgh Steelers player Sam Davis found dead
- Pine-Richland's high school, middle school closed due to threat
- VIDEO: Massive police presence following shooting and search for gunman
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Wank said they were able to recover the 61-year-old man's body part and it was immediately put on ice.
James Frabutt was taken to a hospital where his condition is unknown.
Victoria Frabutt was also charged with kidnapping. Her bond was set at $100,000. She makes her first court appearance Wednesday.