PLUM, Pa. - An assistant football coach accused of assaulting a player was cleared Tuesday by the Allegheny County District Attorney’s Office.
Laquentin Smith, 26, a former linebacker at Pitt, had denied claims from a 16-year-old Plum player and that player’s grandmother that he choked the boy after a Sept. 28 loss.
On Tuesday, a DA spokesman announced the office had finished reviewing reports and interviews about the incident and found nothing awry.
“As a result of this thorough review, our office has concluded that there is no basis for any charges being filed,” he wrote in the statement.
Watch a full report from Channel 11's Marlisa Goldsmith below:
- New video shows police, Pagans Motorcycle Club members drinking together
- Suspect in February murder turns herself in
- 6 children dead, 12 more infected after virus outbreak at hospital
- VIDEO: Roman Reigns reveals leukemia diagnosis
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2018 Cox Media Group.