Now this was the Chris Archer the Pirates thought they were getting when they traded for him last July.
Archer was dominant for six innings Friday, doing everything you could possibly want to see in a No. 1 starter. He was striking hitters out with ease, not giving up the home runs and walks that have haunted him throughout the season, getting ahead in the count and mixing his pitches.
Simply put, he looked like the two-time All-Star that he was in his seven seasons with the Rays — the player the Pirates gave up a huge amount of talent to acquire. At least for six innings, it could finally be forgotten that Austin Meadows played in the All-Star Game on Tuesday night.
- Can you solve all the puzzles from the Pittsburgh category on 'Jeopardy'?
- Man gets deadly skin infection from ants while doing yard work
- 'Within 48 hours he was gone:' Tennessee man dies from flesh-eating bacteria in Gulf waters
- VIDEO: Texas Sized Tarantulas Found Creeping Around Austin
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
DK Pittsburgh Sports