SAN FRANCISCO - The bench coach for the Oakland Athletics is reportedly in talks to interview for the open Pirates manager position.
A's Christenson up for Pirates' manager job; Matt Williams headed to Korea; Williams says glowing things about his time in Oakland and that the decision was a tough one: https://t.co/cImkcSL7Ow— Susan Slusser (@susanslusser) October 15, 2019
According to MLB.com, Ryan Christenson was named as the bench coach two years ago. He's spent time in the A's farm system managing lower-league teams. As a player, Christenson was drafted in the 10th round in 1995 by the Athletics and played parts of six seasons in the majors with Oakland, Arizona, Milwaukee and Texas. He hit .222 in 452 career games.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts for sports news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
Former manager Clint Hurdle was fired late last month despite having two years left on his contract.
- Pa. youth football coach facing possible fine after blowout win
- First snow of season: It's coming this week to parts of area
- Marine veteran says he was kicked out of local Applebee's
- VIDEO: Local school bus driver arrested on suspicion of DUI, according to school officials
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.