PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Pirates announced two moves regarding injured players Monday and called up a utility player from Indianapolis.
Starting pitcher Jameson Taillon has been moved to the 60-day injured list, and infielder Jung Ho Kang has been moved to the 10-day injured list.
At the same time, the pirates have selected the contract of infielder/outfielder Jake Elmore from Triple-A Indianapolis.
Elmore hit .380 (41-for-108) with 12 doubles, two home runs, 16 RBI and a .990 OPS in 31 games with Triple-A Indianapolis this season after being acquired by the Pirates from the White Sox organization on March 27.
- Legendary actress and singer Doris Day dies at 97
- Priest on leave, accused of inappropriate contact with women
- Dennis Rodman accused of helping steal 400-pound crystal, clothes from yoga studio
- VIDEO: Florida man racks up $30K in fines for tall grass, could lose home
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.