PITTSBURGH (AP)— Reliever Nick Burdi has been placed on the 10-day injured list by the Pittsburgh Pirates with pain in his right biceps and elbow.
Burdi grabbed his arm in pain after a pitch in the seventh inning of Pittsburgh's 12-4 loss to Arizona on Monday.
You can now customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Sports news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
Pittsburgh said Tuesday he had a magnetic resonance angiogram and is seeking a second opinion from Texas Rangers team physician Dr. Keith Meister.
Burdi has thrown just 10 innings in the majors since returning from Tommy John surgery in 2017.
Left-hander Steven Brault was recalled from Indianapolis, a day after he was optioned to the Triple-A team.
- 4 people killed in wrong-way crash on Route 65 identified
- Woman's ex-boyfriend accused of hiding in attic for 3 weeks
- Girl taken to hospital after being shot in face
- VIDEO: McCandless council approves plans to develop vacant property
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.