PITTSBURGH - Injured Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback will reportedly not need to undergo Tommy John surgery, according to ESPN. But he will require surgery for his season-ending elbow injury.
Ben Roethlisberger won't have Tommy John surgery and he is expected back for the 2020 season, per sources.https://t.co/IznDXJHFVA— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 22, 2019
Roethlisberger was injured in Week 2's game against the Seattle Seahawks and left before halftime.
Backup Mason Rudolph is starting for the injured Roethlisberger for the remainder of the season.
- 3 dead, 4 hospitalized in medical situation at South Side apartment building
- Boil water advisory lifted for South Hills after pipe break
- Protesters demand gas stations shut down after violent fight goes viral
- VIDEO: Road shut down as students in Pittsburgh leave school for climate strike
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.