Artie Burns is headed to Chicago, where he will sign a one-year deal with the Bears according to agent Drew Rosenhaus Saturday. Also Saturday, tight end Nick Vannett agreed to a deal to join the Broncos.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts for sports news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
Burns is the last of the Steelers' 2016 NFL Draft picks to officially move on from Pittsburgh. In order, the Steelers' 2016 Draft shook out like this:
- Burns (signed one-year deal with Bears)
- Sean Davis (signed one-year deal with Redskins)
- Javon Hargrave (signed three-year deal with Eagles)
- Jerald Hawkins (traded to Buccaneers in August of 2019)
- Travis Feeney (free agent, briefly played in AAF, CFL)
- Demarcus Ayers (signed by CFL's Saskatchewan Roughriders)
- Tyler Matakevich (signed two-year deal with Bills)
Burns underachieved after being selected with the 25th overall pick out of the University of Miami.
He started nine games as a rookie and all 16 games in his second season, but lapses in coverage and mental errors eroded his confidence, and his play was never the same from that point forward.
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group