PITTSBURGH — The Steelers were no doubt frustrated by their high-scoring loss Sunday to the Kansas City Chiefs.
They lost to first-year quarterback Patrick Mahomes who, in just his third career start, picked through the defense like a veteran with years of NFL experience.
Steelers kicker Chris Boswell, who just signed a contract extension in the off-season, missed a field goal (his second this season) and extra point.
The Steelers were playing catch-up on the score board all afternoon.
Wide receiver Antonio Brown showed his frustrations on the sideline, having a heated chat with offensive coaches. He also left the locker room early without talking to reporters.
Later, he took his frustration to social media - using the word "trade."
- Live Updates: Rain, storms from Florence arriving Monday; Flood Watch issued
- 6 kids, 1 adult hurt in incident involving camel at Shrine Circus at PPG Paints Arena
- Pa. man wanted for threatening President Trump on run after crashing truck in Ohio
- VIDEO: 'He was a fighter in the beginning': 3-month-old killed when tree falls on home
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Former Steelers PR staffer Ryan Scarpino tweeted Sunday afternoon that Brown was lucky to have Ben Roethlisberger as his quarterback – arguing he wouldn’t have the same receiving numbers if he played for another team.
Brown responded, “Trade me let’s find out.”
In a season where the Steelers are already missing their starting running back over a contract dispute, any more drama involving a star player is not what they need, especially as they head into week 3 still looking for their first win.
© 2020 Cox Media Group