PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Steelers have agreed to terms with linebacker Jayrone Elliott.
He originally signed with the team on Aug. 22, according to a news release, but was released when the team made cuts after the preseason.
The team brought him back because of the open spot on the roster following the trade of Josh Dobbs on Monday.
In the preseason Elliott recorded six tackles, one sack and a fumble recovery that he returned 88 yards for a touchdown against the Carolina Panthers, according to a news release.
- Person hit by vehicle on Route 48, road closed
- Man smells smoke, gets himself and two children out of Pittsburgh home
- Police: Football fan threatened New England Patriots for signing Antonio Brown
- VIDEO: Remembering the tragic crash of Flight 427 25 years later
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.