PITTSBURGH - James Harrison was officially ruled out for Sunday’s game against the Indianapolis Colts.
The 39-year-old Steelers linebacker missed practice all week with a back injury; however, he is the only player that won’t be available for Mike Tomlin.
Marcus Gilbert and Stephon Tuitt both returned to practice this week, and both were full participants who are eager to return to action.
“The hamstring feels good,” Gilbert said. “It came at the right time. Unfortunately, I had a setback and the bye week was much-needed.”
Gilbert has missed five of the team’s eight games this season.
- Hines Ward responds to arrest of server accused of stealing $73,000 from his restaurant
- New state law prohibits tethering dogs for more than 9 hours in 24-hour period
- PHOTOS: Allegheny County firearms violation fugitives
- TONIGHT AT 5: Errors delay delivery of driving citations for years
- VIDEO: Child recovering in Pittsburgh hospital after swallowing fidget spinner battery
Safety Mike Mitchell was limited in practice Wednesday and Thursday; however, after a full participation Friday, he is expected to be in the secondary this Sunday when the Steelers take on the Colts at Lucas Oil Stadium.
The team is also getting tight end Vance McDonald back. McDonald missed the Lions game with a knee injury.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.