PITTSBURGH — A local high school football player who was injured during a game in August had a special visitor at the hospital this week.
UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh tweeted that Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier stopped by to visit Hayden Hamilton.
Shazier even presented Hamilton with his own Steelers jersey.
Hamilton has been in the hospital since Aug. 31, when he suffered a severe spine injury during the season opener for Laurel Junior Senior High School in New Castle.
- Teacher accused of inappropriately touching 4 female students
- Toddler paralyzed overnight as acute flaccid myelitis fears grow nationwide
- Hershey to raise chocolate prices next year
- VIDEO: Pittsburgh's winter weather outlook for 2018-2019 season
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Cox Media Group